The Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana as part of efforts towards achieving the objectives of the 10-year Strategic plan has opened applications for Scholarships for pharmacists who wish to pursue higher and specialized learning at the Ghana College of Pharmacists (GCPharm).
“Building the capacity of the pharmacists through education and research to ensure appropriate career development and specialization to impact practice”, is one of the key pillars of the strategic plan.
The scholarship seeks to provide financial support to eligible pharmacists to study in Clinical pharmacy.
The scholarship shall cover the full or partial fees for admission into the MEMBERSHIP program only.
To apply, kindly send the following documents (PDF format) to email@example.com
- Full CV
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation from your PSGH regional chairperson and GHOSPA leadership
All documents must be saved in the format: document type_pharmacist reg number. Eg. CV_HPA4122
The Deadline for application shall be Friday 30th June 2023 at 16:00 GMT.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in service with GHS/MOH;
- Applicant must have the ability to secure study leave for the course;
- There must be availability of that specialty in applicant’s facility or else applicant must secure a letter from the RHD for possible transfer to a suitable facility to practice, after the training;
- Applicant must be an active member, and in good standing, at the regional level of both PSGH and GHOSPA;
- Applicant must select only specialties listed in PSGH’s selected specialty areas for study at the GCPharm;
- There must be no ongoing disciplinary action against the applicant at the time of application;
- Applicant should not be indebted to PSGH or GHOSPA or his/her facility;
- The application must be routed through GHOSPA or must be endorsed by the GHOSPA Regional Coordinator and the National Chairman/General Secretary;
- Applicant must be bonded to serve in GHS/MOH for the required number of years commensurate with the number of years of study.
If you have any questions, you may call the National Secretariat on 0302-910263/0288244387 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You may also walk in during working hours to make enquiries.